ARKids First – Now for More Kids!
ARKids First health insurance provides two coverage options for more than 70,000 Arkansas children who otherwise might have gone without. ARKids A is Medicaid for children and offers low-income families a comprehensive package of benefits. ARKids B provides coverage for families with higher incomes. We have streamlined the application process for both packages, allowing you to apply for either package on the same form. Here are some other important highlights:
- You can now apply for ARKids First online (HTML, new window) .
- You can get an ARKids First application by calling our toll-free hotline, 1-888-474-8275, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. You do not have to visit a DHS office.
- We will give you complete information for the ARKids A benefit package and the ARKids B benefit package.
- You can print an application from our website using your home computer. Or you can go to your local library for assistance.
- None of the benefits have changed for either benefit package.
Your children’s health is our main concern. If you have questions, call our ARKids First toll-free hotline or visit your local DHS office or public library.